Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our Story



She said:


I first met Michael at Covenant College, and got to know him when I came out to work with Sacred Road Ministries on the Yakama reservation for the first time my Junior year. We continued to build a friendship throughout the last 2 years of college and after graduation. We both considered a longer commitment to Sacred Road around the same time but I ended up there in March of 2009 while Michael lived and worked in Memphis, TN for an organization called Advance Memphis. He came out to Yakama in August of 2009. Though I had a long admiration for the guy, we didn't start dating until late last fall. Because we've had a long friendship and knew each other well, we knew marriage was in the near future. Mike proposed February 13th, and guess what..I said yes!


He said:

Gretchen and I graduated together from Covenant College in 2008. We first met through her roomate, Heather, who worked with me in Yakama the summer after our sophomore years. Gretchen came to Yakama during the spring of our junior years for a week-long missions trip that I was leading. I got to know Gretchen better over the next few years at Covenant around campus, during dinners at her apartment or my house, soccer games she would watch, going to see her in the spring musical, buggin her at the library while she worked, another trip to Yakama together, and just hanging out with mutual friends around Chattanooga. I met her family when they came to visit her at Covenant, at my graduation party, and again when they came to St. Louis for a family vacation.

I fell in love with Gretchen in Yakama where we had been working together for almost 9 months. I fell in love with the way she loves Jesus and the way she loves people, with her beautiful voice and joyful deneanor. We were enganged on Saturday, February 13th, after the short realization that I knew everthing about her that I needed to know- even if we had only been officially dating for 4 months. And here we are.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so this "mother of the bride" is ready to cry - tears of joy, of course!! You are both the best! Love you - Mama B.

    ReplyDelete